We have been focusing on paragraph writing, proofreading, and poetry. Ask your child about how the colorful season of Fall has helped reinforce your child’s paragraph and poetry skills!
The 4th grade enjoyed a productive and fun Read-a-Thon! Everyone shared a favorite book with the class. See the photos in our gallery: http://ssanchez.reedschools.org/read-a-thon.html
We continued to read Al Capone Does My Shirts by Gennifer Choldenko. Ask your child what new developments have come to pass in Part 2 of this interesting novel.
THANK YOU to Ms. Jordan for coming in and reading with us! Don’t forget go to our class calendar on www.lotsahelpinghands.com to sign up for reading groups in the next few months. (The email address is SanchezCats@gmail.com, password is catscountry.) We need 4-5 adults each Wednesday from 9:15-10:15. Thank you!
We are wrapping up our unit on multiplication and are transitioning to long division. This week students learned about factor trees, multiples, and divisibility rules. PLEASE have your child continue to practice his/her multiplication facts at home daily!
Check out our class website for this weeks KenKen challenge! http://ssanchez.reedschools.org/challenge-math--kenken.html
Students are learning about early European explorers who (aside from the natives who inhabited the land for many years prior) first explored the California coast.
Students have completed the life science unit on Ecosystems and Environments. As a final project, we dissected owl pellets to see what kind of bird or rodent was eaten and regurgitated. Ask your child about this activity!
Check out the photos: http://ssanchez.reedschools.org/owl-pellet-dissection.html
Our class is creating weather reports in Spanish on the iPads! Students are using the App Toontastic to create an interactive weather project using the vocabulary and tools learned in Spanish class. See the videos on the class website:
· I enjoyed visiting with all of you and discussing the progress and goals of our children. This year is off to a great start!
· We are doing a Thanksgiving play next Tuesday at 9:30am. It is only 10 minutes long, but parents are welcome to come and ‘take in the theater’! We will have seating set up for a live audience. However, I will record the performances and upload the videos onto the class website video gallery on Tuesday for your at-home viewing pleasure.
· Enjoy your Thanksgiving holiday! No school Wednesday-Friday.
· Friday, November 30th is our class field trip to the Laurence Hall of Science in Berkley.
· Book orders will be due December 7th.